The Authored Ascension

The Final Farewell

Photo+Credit%3A+Lillian+Broussard+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Final Farewell

Photo Credit: Lillian Broussard

Photo Credit: Lillian Broussard

Photo Credit: Lillian Broussard

Photo Credit: Lillian Broussard

Lillian Broussard, Editor

If you are a student at Ascension, you may notice the senior class looking a little bit, well dead. These last couple of days have been some of the longest days of me and my classmates’ lives. Brooks Whittington described this week perfectly when he said: “It’s as if I am reading a book, but every time I read the last page the author writes ten more pages”. What seems to be endless projects are flooding our last couple days at this school we call home.  Capstones, research papers, math projects, and theology essays are just some examples of the assignments we as seniors are rushing to finish just in time of graduation.

Senior, Sean – Michael Brady exclaimed: “ Our time has come to an end”. I am here to tell you that “Senioritis” is real! At this point,  we are all just trying to make it to spring break, and have fun with each other with the time we have left.

Although we are excited to leave and start the new chapter of our lives, I promise you, seniors … you’re gonna miss this. You’re gonna miss seeing familiar faces walking the halls, and friends that seem to be like family. The desk you have sat in since the first day of your eighth-grade year. The teachers that have shaped you into the person you are today.

Seniors, I urge you to spend these days reflecting on all of the fun times you have had at Ascension. Take these last couple of days to spend time with each other and make memories. Sooner than you think we will all be lined up in alphabetical order for one last time. Walking across a stage one by one, and tossing a graduation cap in the air. 

So I am here to say my final farewell to The Authored Ascension. Thank you for helping me discover my love for journalism, and for giving me a way to express myself through words. I  would also like to thank Mrs. Bourque for always supporting a believing in me whenever I thought I couldn’t do something. You have made such an impact in my life and I am forever grateful. And finally, I would like to thank Ascension Episcopal School, for allowing me to grow and teach me how to be gentle, generous, truthful, kind, and brave. I will never forget the memories I have made here and the people who have changed my life forever. 

Sitting here with only five more days left of high school left, it’s hard to believe that I might not see the kids I have spent the last fifteen years with ever again. The friends that have watched me grow into the person I am today. As I prepare to say goodbye to those familiar faces, I want them to know that I am so proud of every single one of them, and I am so grateful that I was able to grow up with them. I hope your lives are filled with the most amazing experiences and that you find new friends wherever you end up.  You guys have truly changed my life for the better.

Until then, farewell my friends. I will never forget you. I can’t wait to hear about where life has taken you. See y’ all at our high school reunion!

Love,

Lil