It’s the middle of the school year, tensions are high, and spirits are low. Just because you failed that geometry or history test does not mean you failed at life.
Here are a couple of things that can lift you up!
1. Talk to a friend or family member. Talking to someone about how you’re feeling can really improve your mood. Getting everything out in the open can lift a weight off your shoulders. (Believe me, I’ve done this to my friends multiple times.)
2. Take a hot shower or bath. This releases stress, helps you relax, and get things off your mind. Add some bubbles to your bath and let your worries float away.
3. Cry. I know that sounds bad, but crying can release everything. A good cry once in a while is good for the mind and body. Let it all out.
4. Draw. Paint your feelings or just color in a coloring book. No matter how far you go with your project, drawing is relaxing.
5. Make sure to breathe. The way you breathe affects your whole body. As cheesy as it sounds, breathing helps you relax, reduce tension, and, most of all, reduce stress. You could even try and learn breathing exercises to help you during the school day.
Thanksgiving break is next week, so take the time to de-stress!! Eat a lot of good food, take a couple of naps, and maybe even start a new show on Netflix. Always take time for yourself and make sure you’re feeling great and being happy!